20211025

It has been almost 3 years ...

since I updated this website 😲. A few recent e-mails were a real wake up call.

I currently don't have a lot of time to update regularly (nothing new here) but will try to at least post something interesting once in a while. For example, it seems a lot of people aren't aware Tenyo does have its own Youtube channel with a lot of interesting stuff, called 'Mr. Tenyo' - check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrtenyo.

I may also add my interest in magic is not what it used to be - it has been partly replaced with another hobby: Lego. Since my son, Benjamin, 5 years old now, took an interest in Duplo and Lego (it started in the lockdown last year), I must confess I started spending (a lot) of money on Lego sets, so called for my son, but actually for me (and him when he gets older of course) 😊.

For now I'm going to check this website for errors/non-working links and update some of the articles.

By the way, here are my personal 'preview' thoughts about Tenyo's new 2022 releases (I do not have them yet, so my opinion might change when I have played with them).

Wild Shock - I like this. Yes, it is a well known routine which uses a few gimmicked cards. Tenyo added something special to the deck it seems. It doesn't use Bicycle-cards unfortunately, but hey, where I live (Belgium) no one actually cares since Bicycle isn't a brand of cards that is common in my country (or Europe for that matter).

Blink Bank - Looks great on camera, but for me this is not a stand alone trick. If it works as good as it seems it is a nice addition to tricks that use papers/bills.

Future Photo - The forcing of the card is very obvious for us, but perhaps not for laymen. I don't really like the use of a Smartphone in magic tricks ... and this one is no exception. Nonetheless, if you like these kind of tricks, it may be well worth it.

Flash Cube - looks interesting, and happy that it doesn't use the same method as Instant portrait. As with all the non-card items this year, it seems to be a bit cheaply made, but I could be wrong.

Phone Appetit - perhaps it's great for Halloween, the mask looks plain scary to me. Perhaps I watched IT too many times ... . 

Image Generator pocket edition - I payed a LOT for the original T-shirt but have never used it to be honest. It's a good trick. It uses an old principle in magic but it is, well, okido. I have no idea what the selling price is, but I did find one for sale in Japan for 50+ USD, which is absolutely ridiculous.

From a person's view who collects Tenyo magic tricks, this is not an amazingly good year (at least it seems that way, I don't have the tricks in hand). I do appreciate Tenyo keeping the sale price of the tricks low and still have unique, easy to do and (at least for laymen) baffling tricks.